Fashion is one of the things that I just can't last a day without. I feel quite uncomfortable whenever I don't get to dress up. That's one of the reasons why I hate PE. I don't like wearing shirt and jogging pants. I go all the rage when it comes to fashion. I love New York fashion, Korean Fashion, Philippine Fashion, Vintage Fashion and whatnot. The catch is that I don't have all kinds of outfit to support my sense of style. I don't have a wardrobe empire, but hey, that's not what fashion is all about right? Fashion minus style is nothing. As someone says it, someone with style doesn't need fashion. But of course, who would say no to a good number of fashion finds? I still don't have that much possessions yet, but I believe I'll get there someday. God willing! I'll be a good girl from here on out, I promise. Giggles!
Thoughts about Bollywood Fashion has been clouding my right side of the brain lately. According to Aparna Chandra, Bollywood is definitely one of the largest fashion guider as a vast majority of public is influenced by Bollywood trends such as clothes, jewelry and so forth. I totally have a special liking towards Bollywood Fashion. My fetish for it began last year when I bought an Indian-inspired skirt from a vintage shop. I wore it once in one of my outfit posts before. I still don't want to wear it again, because it's one of my special pieces in my very limited closet. Just in case you want to take a look at my Bollywood get up, here it is.
|Original Post: Going Bollywood on a Wednesday|
Ehow Style teaches us girls on how to dress up like a Bollywood star. The things we need are:
- Prepare to show some skin - Wear a cropped, fitted, belly exposing top with a low neckline that displays your décolletage in it's best light. As always, a push-up bra is a great idea. Pair the top with a long, ankle-length flowy skirt made out of silk or a material with some kind of brocade on it and you're good to go.
- Wear bright colors and jewel tones - Bollywood is all about vibrant, beautiful colors that stand out. Bollywood outfits are not only colorful, they also frequently combine primary colors like red and green, along with a metallic accent of gold, silver or bronze.
- Display your hair - If you have long straight hair, you're good to go as is. Give yourself a hot oil hair treatment the night before, wash your hair the day of the party, blow your hair out and you're good to go. If you have short hair, consider a hair accessories that will let you create a mini up-do and then do focus your attention on your make-up and accessories
- Highlight your eyes and wear a bindi - Use black eye-liner along your top as well as bottom lid and smudge with dark shadow to blend. Don't forget black mascara to lengthen your lashes and make your eyes the focus of attention.
- Bring out the bling - Bring out your chunkiest and most glamorous costume jewelry because a Bollywood party is the place to wear it. Jewelry is key in Bollywood so pile on the necklaces, bangles and earrings - you can't go overboard.
Read more here.