"Cats can become ill for a variety of reasons, and many illnesses and diseases may result in similar behavior changes or other signs of illness in your cat. Paying close attention to the symptoms of a sick cat can help you to more quickly identify illness in your cat and diagnose and treat the problem before it can become more serious."
How to Take Care of a Sick Cat
- Give her enough sleep. Our fault is that we don't let her sleep as much as she want. We always cuddle her even though it's quite obvious that she's exhausted, or she's not in the mood to play.
- Keep the surroundings clean. We haven't done general cleaning lately because of laziness. Caramel's condition is an eye-opener for us. Time to make our house squeaky clean.
- Disturbance should be kept out of the way. My sisters and I can be considered a big disturbance to Caramel. From now on, we will let her rest without our intervention -- only our Tender Loving Care.
- Designate a sick area. Caramel's sleeping there as of the moment. It's outside our house. My father won't let her live here inside with us, cause he hates cats. But we made sure that she's safe there.
- Feed regular foods. We feed our cats with Paksiw na Isda, because it's their favorite meal. Caramel actually eats all kinds of food, it's just that she seems to lose her appetite lately. She's to languid to eat.