Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Memories of 2010

I've been acting like a headless chicken for the previous years. I was such a foolish and selfish rogue. I acted on a disorderly way without thinking of where my decisions might lead me and the people around me. I always failed my parents' expectations towards me. Whenever we talked, we ended up arguing. It was like having a conversation with them felt like I was skating on thin ice. I used to think that I'm our family's black sheep, and that I wreaked havoc every single minute.

This year is definitely the best year of my entire life. I could say I've become a better person. There are a lot of wonderful things that happened to me this 2010. I'm very grateful that God gave me a chance to renew my unpleasant life. I'm thankful that my family never gave up on me. I don't have the angst in my heart anymore. I tried so hard to remove it in my system, cause it's the main reason why I've been miserable and insecure before. It inflicted pain to me, and to everyone connected to me.

The year 2010 has opened many doors for me. I apologize if that sounded so trite, but I couldn't think of any better idiom to express what I mean. Anyway, let me talk about the opportunities God gave me this year. They all made me feel secure with myself and everything that I have. Because of those chances, I managed to shrug off anything that makes me feel discontented. I know I don't get those things that I always wanted, but at least I still have some things that can make me stand firm. Here are some memories of 2010 that I will never forget:

My article entitled "How I Learned to Draw" has been published to Sun Star Davao. It's actually a sensitive creative non-fiction essay on how I went through my path to becoming a LADY. It's also published on Dagmay -- the official website of Davao Writers' Guild. Just visit dagmay.kom.ph and search for my full name "Katrina Angela Castro" in the Index of Authors, if you want to read my article. It's my first essay ever published in a broadsheet. Thank you Lord!

We had a field trip to one of the most beautiful summer destinations in the Philippines -- Camiguin Island via Butuan. We were wet all day because we bathed nonstop from one spot to another. We went to Sto. Nino Cold Spring, Soda Swimming Pool, Guiob Church Ruins, Sunken Cemetery, Katibawasan Falls, White Island and the famous Pastel store, Vjandep. That trip was just within one day. After that day, we went to Cagayan de Oro for a breakfast and lunch. We also bought some more pasalubongs at Lim-Ketkai and Robinson's Mall. And then we headed straight to Bukidnon to see how creative Leandro Locsin is with the architecture of the Monastery of Transfiguration in Malaybalay. We enjoyed the round trip so much! That was totally one heck of an adventure.







My boyfriend and I also celebrated our third year anniversary last September. We planned a total date to make it really memorable. We had to make it special because our parents already knew about our relationship. My Mom and I got even closer when she knew everything about us. We didn't have to hide what we feel for each other anymore. Sorry for the cheesiness! We went to Eden Nature Park and Resort, and then we had pizza adventure at Calda Pizza and Coco's South Bistro. That was our way of strengthening our romantic bond -- to go on a trip. Here are some photos we had.





Lastly, I got to work and earn money for myself. I became a part-time tutor for five elementary students. The pay was not that big but at least I bought things for myself. It was also enough to go on a food trip with some friends. That job taught me how to work hard and have patience on everything, especially to children. But now I decided to quit the job because I have to concentrate on my studies. I'll be graduating hopefully this October of 2011. I know God will help me play the cards right, because he is my refuge and strength!

PS: Some photos are on my Facebook.

2 comments:

scarletswalk said...

just been there at eden last week, my first time.. so romantic..

Mikimoto Angel said...

I hope next time you could be there with your future special someone. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...