Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The place to beat

School is definitely not my comfort zone. That's exactly the reason why I am dashing off what is needed to be complied this afternoon. It's already 5:30 and I'm so excited to get home.
Whew! At last Ate Malou's done photocopying these thick readings! Drum rolls please, signifying this joyous moment. I am now all set and ready to leave.
A great deal of longing rush through my veins as I step in the jeepney. My room is all I want! I don't care much about the other places in our house. Well, of course with exemption to our dining area.
It's time to get kicked! Let me allow you to take a peek in my place. The place to beat- my room.
It's not what you think it is. It's not as lavish as what others have. It's not even wide enough for me to have a queen-sized bed. What I have is just a simple one. But I believe that we can do so much on what we own. No matter how simple it is,you can make it look good without overspending.
My room doesn't have a huge door which could make it look luxurious. This floral curtain and this wooden wall are the only things that divide it from the living room. Let us now enter the portal to my haven.
I am running out of words to describe my room. It just goes to show how simple it is. I can't say anything much about it except for the value I give it. But since you're here with me, I guess you ought to know how each of these things function in my life.
The first thing you probably noticed upon entering the room is this drawer beside my cabinet. I am so sorry if it annoys your sight. It looks awful now because it had been with me since I was six. The stickers are now torn which make it look uglier.
That wooden cabinet stores all the things that I have. The first half is filled with stuffed toys and my accessories. Honestly i talk to my toys whenever I feel heavy deep inside. They give life to this little room. The second half of the cabinet is where my books, notebooks and magazines are kept.
This is my bed. I hate it when my sisters sit on it and ruin how the bed sheet is placed. I put great effort on taking care of it like what I do for myself. Though the foam is not that fluffy anymore, I still feel good sleeping on it with my two pillows and my blanket.
When you lie on my bed you can have a clear view of the sky because my bed is just beside the two windows. I love gazing at the stars through the window. It also feels good whenever it rains, because i just listen to it drop while hugging my pillow tight.
Beside my bed is a table where I do my homework. under it is where I put my shoes.
Sometimes I think I'm so lucky that i have this bed room. Houses in our village are not that far from each other. So if that's the case, I could have the chance to stare at the handsome boy next door. But unfortunately I can't find cute guys there. Too bad!
One more thing is the air is still. Taking a deep breath, you could tell what the neighbors have for supper. Bon appetite!
My bed room knows a lot about me, from the bad to the good things in my life. This room is my shelter. this gives me comfort whenever I am down.
I remember that it was in this room where I discovered I had my first period. This bed got stained with my first menstrual blood. I can still clearly picture out how disgusting it looked like.
I used to hate this room way back then. I hate the way my parents treated this room like storage room while letting my sisters and I sleep there. There used to be cob webs under this bed. Chairs that are damaged were kept there for a long time.Huge boxes of unused clothes and toys were piled up making this room look really messy.
But despite the untidiness of this room, I learned to treat it as a place I truly call home. Every time my mother scolds me, I run here and cry my heart out. Everything feels better again whenever I'm inside this room.
I fixed what were needed to be fixed in this room and made it as my royal chamber. This is the place where I dreamt about my future. This is where I smiled and cried because of some happenings in my life. This is where I grew up.
I remember way back then in my childhood days, we used to play "bahay-bahay"in this room. My sisters and I even fantasized about Rico Yan, Diether Ocampo as our usbands. Cheesy, isn't it? Even though it is, I won't get sued though. my room knows a lot about all the cheesy thing in my head.
Memories enliven this special place. They will never fade no matter what happens in this room. Changes may take place, but those unforgettable moments will forever stay intact. No matter how simple my room is, it's the memories that make a difference.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...