Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules

Movie Poster courtesy of Google Images.
"Back in middle school after summer vacation, Greg Heffley and his older brother Rodrick must deal with their parents' misguided attempts to have them bond." - Internet Movie Database

I just watched this fun movie adaptation with my sisters yesterday, and I had definitely a good laugh. Greg's wit, and Rodrick's pranks made the film so hilarious. It's indeed a great comedy film for the whole family. I don't care if it got low ratings or whatsoever, all I know is that it's not a disappointing film. Well, I never thought it's a good one before until I saw the sequel. I thought that it's another boring movie for children, but I have to admit that I made a mistake on judging it without even watching it first. I've never seen the prequel yet, but I will look for a copy of it. That's for sure! I won't write a review about it, because I'm not that good at it. I also don't have enough time to think of perfect words to describe and summarize this film. Instead, I'm going to blog about those catchy and quotable quotes I got from here. Here we go:

"It’s about time little bro, that you learn the secrets to an easy life.
Rule Number 1 - Don’t be good at something that you don’t want to do.

Rule Number 2 - Always lower mom and dad’s expectations.

Don’t talk to anyone, don’t look at anyone.. don’t sit down." Rodrick Heffley
"One day I’ll be rich and famous. But for now, I’m stuck in middle school with a bunch of MORONS." - Greg Heffley

"For me to say for the record, the middle school is the dumbest idea ever invented." - Greg Heffley

(When Greg commented on how Rowley wore his back pack)

 "Greg Heffley: Stop. You look like one of the seven dwarves. Always wear one strap. One strap is cool.

Rowley Jefferson: Then why do they put two straps instead of one?

Greg Heffley: Because the people who make backpacks aren’t cool.
Greg Heffley: You know what has one strap? Machine guns. You know what else? Electric guitars.
Greg Heffley: You know what else?
Rowley Jefferson: Purses?"

Those are just the quotes that I can recall. I also liked the completely honest part of Greg which actually didn't make her Mom happy despite her wanting for him to be truthful. That was one of the absurd parts of this movie. I love the part when Greg's grandfather hoped to have another great celebration for his next birthday, and Greg answered, "That is if you're still alive next year." Another one was when Mrs. Heffley's newspaper colleague called over the phone and she didn't want to answer it. She told Greg not to tell her friend that she's in the house, but Greg refused because that would be lying. Mrs. Heffley went outside looking in so Greg could tell her colleague that she's actually not IN the house. Great one, eh? I strongly suggest that you watch this movie. You will never regret allotting a few moments of your life for this.

6 comments:

Manon said...

Thank you so much for ur comments :oo!
You can find vintage jewerly really cheap on ebay!! :D <3

BTW I don't see this movie! I read ur post and it looks really interresting! I think I'm gonna watch it :D

Mikimoto Angel said...

Yes, thanks for the information Manon. I'm really drooling over your accessories. I will definitely buy some. :-)

Tell me what you think about the movie if you've already watched it. :-)

zaharatales said...

i saw this movie a week ago. i loved it. i was thinking about making a review about it but i got sidetrack with the comic photos of it from google..

Mikimoto Angel said...

Haha. I'd love to read what you think about that film, Ms. Z! :-)

Anonymous said...

i noticed this a bit too late. haha. yeah. this is a very cool movie and i watched it last summer with my crush and friends. eeeeee >:) thanks for listing the uber fun quotes here!

Mikimoto Angel said...

Wow, good to know that you had a time to watch this esp with your crush. That's just sweet! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...