Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

day 09 - a song that you can dance to

It’s Wonderful by Joao Gilberto

This task got me stuck. It’s difficult because I can’t even dance. I just wish I can. I wasn’t given the talent to stun people by my graceful grooves. I thought, how am I supposed to choose a song that I can dance to? Then I realized slow dance is still a dance, right? Yay for that! I can dance just by swaying my body from left to right repeatedly. Am I right in believing that what I’m describing to you is waltz? So yeah, I chose this jazz song from the movie Eat Pray Love for my 9th day in this song challenge. I love this song because it’s very romantic. I just hate how Joao sang it. He sounds like he’s just reading the lyrics, but I still like it nonetheless.

I can't find a good video. Listen to the audio instead. Download it here.

I’m afraid I can’t be able to blog tomorrow until Sunday in lieu of the Lenten Season. In that case, this challenge will resume next week. I hope you still check out the songs I’ll be sharing. Good day everyone!

The video used in this post is not intended for copyright infringement.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I downloaded a collection of songs from the albums of Joao Gilberto, Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz before. Wonderful bossa nova music. I can't remember if this song was included the collection. Sad I don't have it now though. They're perfect chillout music.

Mikimoto Angel said...

Thanks for recommending those bossa nova music icons. I'll download this one of those one of these days. :-)

That song's from Eat pray Love OST. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...