Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Having Blogger's Block?



"Writing is a lot like dreaming. There's a subconscious connection. Once someone intrudes, it's like going back to sleep to finish your dream." (Dante from the novel She's Come Undone)

We experience blogger's block, more often than not. We get distracted, and sometimes it gets difficult for us to drift back. I'm sure you also get indignant about not having your daily fix of blogging like I do. Interruptions certainly are very disturbing! To tell you honestly, I feel like I'm losing my nerve to wait until forever for me to finally think of an interesting topic to blog about. I know you feel the same way too. But blogmates, let us not consider this as a problem, since we already have a lot more problems to prioritize. Leave the catch behind, cause we will be talking about things that can make us worry less on having blogger's block.

We all run out of topics for our niche once in while. That usually happens when we try too hard to think about it. Remember, the more you look, the less you find. We shouldn't hurry too much to find what we are looking for. After all, there's nothing to hurry about, unless of course you're up for a blog challenge, and that you need to keep up with it. Whenever I'm having a hard time planning on what to blog, I just stop thinking. I let time pass, because I know ideas will come and flow in due time. We just have to be give a little patience in waiting. I also practice having blog notes. I write all the things I might want to blog in the future. In that way, I am guided with the concepts I will be writing next.

One more thing is that, I make use of the Internet to help me out with my petty dilemma. What's the use of the Internet if you only utilize it for fun and entertainment, right? The worldwide web definitely has a good number of sources that can facilitate us in dealing with blogger's block. As I was surfing the web the other day, I found these links of very helpful bloggers. They tackle about the things they do whenever they encounter such a thing. I just typed "blog topics" in the Google Search tab, and Alas, I stumbled upon these links that I will be sharing to you (citations below). Now, let me compile all the tips that I deem most beneficial among others. These will definitely enlighten our minds and ensnare our senses.


Read what other bloggers are saying

"
One of the strengths of blogging as a medium is the way that bloggers interact with one another and build upon each others ideas."

Collaborate with other bloggers

"
Rub shoulders with other bloggers. The ideas that come when you put your head together with someone else are often quite amazing."

Get a little help from your friends

"
Blogging doesn’t have to be a solitary journey. Run headlines or ideas by your friends, and ask what they think. Chances are, they’ll point out new ideas and angles you’ve missed."

Review your greatest hits

"
Read back through your old posts, particularly the ones that generated a good amount of feedback, and consider writing a fresh angle on the topic. If a subject was compelling once, it might be worthwhile to explore another variation on it."

Step away from the computer

"
Spend an hour or two at the museum; catch the afternoon matinee; browse the magazine rack; or crack open a novel. Chances are good that you'll find yourself inspired when you do return to your desk."

Capture ideas before you lose them

"
Ideas for articles come when you least expect them. To stop your thoughts from vanishing, always carry an easy-to-use device to jot down ideas as you get them."

Lower your standards

"
Blogs aren’t novels, so don’t start a post by worrying about being perfect, insightful, original, or even grammatically correct."

Change your timeframe

"
A blogger feels like the deadline is always now but this is a false pressure. It’s far more important to write something worthwhile than to post today just for the sake of it."

Create a List

"
Whatever you blog about, there is likely an exciting list that you can uncover. They're quick and painless, and even better: they're fun to read."

Short Posts

"
If you don’t have much to say, don’t say much. Resist the pressure to have to fully unpack every aspect of every topic – instead let your readers unpack a topic for you with an invitation at the end of your post."


Let me quote this passage from one of the blogs I've read. I'm sorry I forgot the URL. Anyway, here it goes, "What I’ve learned is that it’s much better to wait until you have something useful to say than to blog just for the sake of blogging."I hope this list helped you battle off blogger's block. I know you have your own ways of fighting it off. You may want to share it to me too. Feel free to blog about it. As promised, here are the citations:

Battling Blogger's Block, 2010. Retrieved from: http://www.problogger.net/battling-bloggers-block/

10 Surefire Steps to Beating Blogger's Block, 2006. Retrieved from: http://www.copyblogger.com/beat-bloggers-block/

10 Tips for Beating Blogger's Block, 2007. Retrieved from: http://www.lifeclever.com/10-tips-for-beating-bloggers-block/

10 Ways to Find New Topics, 2010. Retrieved from: http://www.typepad.com/tips/blog-topics-tips.html

All images in this post are not intended for copyright infringement.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this post! very helpful indeed!

Mikimoto Angel said...

you're welcome, Ms. Z! :-)

Robert Gibson said...

Excellent post. After all, there's nothing to hurry about, unless of course you're up for a blog challenge, and that you need to keep up with it.

Mikimoto Angel said...

Hello robert, thanks for quoting me. I'm glad you liked my post. :-)

Tessa said...

Very nice entry ^__^

Nakakarelate? :D

Btw, I noticed your photo on the header page. Is that from Zabadani coffee shop? :) I really like their food :)

Mikimoto Angel said...

@Tessa: Tanks for appreciating. I hope it helped you as well.

Anyway, yes it's from Zabadani. I also love their food! I'll surely drop by there again. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...