Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Biodiversity Weekend Getaway

My recent weekend was one of the loveliest. We had a field trip for our Biodiversity class. I really had fun despite the difficult life I had at the beach. After almost a year, I again felt the sea breeze and heard the waves. Before going to Dayang Beach at Samal for an overnight stay, we first went to Philippine Eagle Center. The last time I went there was in my second grade, I think. I didn't really had fun there, because the place is not as good as Eden Nature Park. The only thing that made me happy there was when I got to have a photo taken with snake around my neck. It was an experience I am proud to have. My hands were shaking while holding the snake, but I still managed to smile my heart out. That's just once in a lifetime.

I like this snake because it matches the color of my get-up.


The snake's skin made me feel like I'm holding a huge luxury wallet.

After four hours of roaming around the center, we finally went to our next stop -- at Dayang Beach Resort. Finally! I really thank our professor for not discussing about reflection paper or whatsoever during the trip. He just wanted us to have fun. One thing I love about Samal is that the water is really clear that you would mistake it for a swimming pool if you will just look at the pictures. On the other hand, what I hate about the place is that, the water flowing in the comfort room is also salt water. We couldn't use soap at all! Since I was really itching to take a bath, I decided to buy five gallons of water for 20 pesos at the store nearby. I used it for my bath the next day.

We alloted the whole Sunday for island hopping, snorkeling and intro diving. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to join my classmates have fun. I wasn't in the mood to get wet that day. I didn't want to feel sticky. Naligo na kasi ako nung Saturday afternoon. Too bad, nobody took a picture of me kayaking and swimming with life vest. Since that was the case, they asked me to document their experience. I didn't feel bad at all, because taking pictures is really my thing, and swimming isn't. Let me share you some of the photos I took.

Picturesque view of Samal.


Another scenic view of Angel's Cove.


My wet and wild friends.


The intro divers. I envy them!


Pearl Farm -- such a beautiful place!


Make a wish at the Wishing Island.


Stop over at Punta del Sol.

What can you say about the place? It's what you can call heaven on earth. Well of course, the trip will never be complete without my solo shots. Here are some of my photos.

I'm in love with the sea breeze!


Taken at Punta del Sol.

Samal is definitely a place to beat. We must all help in maintaining its beauty by not throwing garbages in the sea. Stop destroying our aquatic animals' habitat. In that way we can also help in the balance of our ecosystem. I'm pretty sure we don't want to lose the beach, because we crave for it once in a while. Thank you Sir Obsioma for helping us understand the importance of Biodiversity. We will surely cherish this trip. I can't believe it's over now. I hope this "getaway" will keep us sane for the rest of the months. Thesis, here we come!


2 comments:

scarlet's walk said...

wow.. i've never been to pearl farm yet. it had such an expensive reputation kasi. hahaha. how was it?

katrina said...

i've never been there too. we just passed by, and took a picture of it. we stayed at dayang.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...