Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2009

Student Ad Congress 2007

Too late for the report? Yes, it is. But it ain’t news. It just suddenly pops out of my mind. I had been there in the 2nd leg of the Second Student Advertising Congress. By the youth. For the youth. Lousy news report.

It was actually held in Ateneo de Davao University’s Finster Auditorium almost two years ago, August 24, 2007. 4pm to be exact. My friend and I went straight from south to north just to witness that.

Their theme was “Combat ready for advertising wars.” Ateneo’s Mass Communication Club (I don’t know exactly what their club’s name was) prepared a skit showing off their skill in film and stage acts. It cracked me up. It was not that bad after all.

Different agencies confided their strategies in advertising as well. That was the best part. Since I have oozing passion for advertising, I was pretty much amazed with how the featured advertisers created their infomercials.

They have this technique of assaulting the emotions to grab the attention of their target market. It is a good strategy. I sure hope to apply it to my craft soon.

The best infomercial they featured was the one where the toilet is prominent. The narrator was talking about how dirty it was. You may think that the lesson they’re trying to deliver is to clean our filth and have proper hygiene. But it isn’t. It’s actually about abortion. There are irresponsible women who couldn’t, or who don’t have the heart to give the unborn a life that they deserve. They just flushed life in the toilet bowl.

That was a powerful one. But that was just one of the many. I know I could also make one. Especially that my course calls for it. Advertising could be my world someday. I have always wanted to be good at it. I am looking forward for the next Student Ad Congress to get some tips. I know it’s not the only way to learn, but it could be a great help.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...