Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

Maam Liked It


Maam said this speech is my best so far. She didn't give me comments. That was all she said. I hope I can do better than this the next time. Here is my speech.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honored guests, welcome to the 12th Founding Anniversary of the University of the Philippines Mindanao. This another year to witness another milestone unfolding in our premiere institution. Truly this is an absolutely perfect moment to celebrate the day the country was blessed for having another UP constituent to nurture the minds and hone the skills of the Mindanaons.
Eighteen years back, the vision of having UP in Mindanao metamorphosed during the 3rd regular session of the House of Representatives on April 30, 1990. It was 1st District Representative Prospero C. Nograles who paved the way for the House Bill No. 30358 known as an “Act to establish the University of the Philippines in Mindanao.” Mr. Nograles seemed to foresee Mindanao's success if UP is by it's side.
This intense conviction for the endowment of a UP constituent in Mindanao was finally enacted into law on February 20, 1995 through the Bill, Republic Act 7889. On the same year, the Board of Regents submitted an official declaration of the creation of the University of the Philippines in Mindanao.
Time has passed so fast and UP Mindanao has retained its undisputed prestige for more than a decade of existence. It has proven its excellence and dignity in just a short span of period. I believe that it will carry on until the day the world stops needing it which is totally impossible.
I am one of the proud and honored residents, or Iskolar ng Bayan as they say, who once dreamed of being here and now I am one of those who made the wisest decisions. Being a UP student is indeed the greatest way to make our lives in the future a notch higher. That is why this day, we commemorate a very special moment, the 12th Anniversary of the University of the Philippines Mindanao. Let us celebrate together and hope for more fruitful years coming ahead. Good morning and God speed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...