Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

Inaugural Address


This is my sample Inauguration Speech. I got 67 over 70 with this. I lack proper posture and my intro wasn't that right according to our professor. Here it is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To my colleagues, co-journalists and mentors, I stand before you to take the oath of the presidential office in our organization, the Philippine Society of Campus Journalism. With wisdom, bravery and humility, I heart fully accept the responsibility and privilege to handle everyone for the betterment of our services to the public, especially the budding campus journalists.

It’s definitely a great honor to have everyone of you believing and trusting in me. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude, in behalf of the newly-appointed officers, to our adviser Ms. May Ann Jumuad who put us to where we are now. We assure you that we will exert extra effort in unleashing primal energy to sustain the prestige and success left by the previous administration.

It’s difficult to search for the perfect words and speak especially when you’re at the height of your emotions. When I gave Ms. Jumuad my confirmation on her appointment to me as the president , up until this moment, I am still processing the thought of what I have decided. It’s not an easy task , isn’t it? That was why I refused at the beginning. I was so afraid to take on the challenge. This is an up a notch chance to prove my skills.

When I had the time to think through things that was going on, I realized that if I don’t grab the chance, I will never ever have another chance to share my passion and expertise to others anymore. So when Ms. Jumuad talked to me again about the same matter, I answered my immediate and resounding yes. I accepted it, and I know you’re there to help me out. We are team. Right isn’t it?

I had high hopes on helping other aspiring campus journalists achieve their dreams, and now we’re here for them, as big as life. That’s our priority. Sharing others what we have learned. So, in the future, they will be continuing our duties. Let us all together pull everything off for a better society.

I let go of my inhibitions just like everybody else did, and that made a significant turning point in our lives. Just like saying “I took the road less travelled and that has made the difference”. Let us encourage everyone to call the shots- to do what has to be done for the good. We ought to strive hard enough to retain the accomplishments handled with care by good hands. We must not fail each one of us especially the ones we are serving-the public. We are one and we are all in this together.

On a lighter note, I am pleased to tell you that the office is starting to plan about the publication office that will produce the master pieces of our professional and aspiring journalists. That highlights the year 2009 for all of us. We will all work hand in hand to show that we, the journalists, can do for our fellow men.

I remember way back then when some of my classmates and I joined press conferences to compete with the other schools in the city. That was one of the memorable moments of my life. We attended workshops and seminars, and felt like we wore the chosen ones. We were pressured but that was a nice feeling though. I just laugh at the thought of it, because journalism isn’t about fame. As journalist, we write to express, not to impress.

All of those experiences have always remained seared in my memory. From then on, journalism has been my world. I’m glad I’ll be sharing the rest of my journalistic years ahead with everyone. I believe that this union will be bound by our passion and eagerness to succeed. We will work together as one. If we may fall, let us work things out in peace and unison to put everything back to how it should be. We must strive to finish the tasks we are in. To God be the glory. To everyone, Godspeed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...