Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

Train of Thoughts

This is my new blog header. How do you like it? I really love creating stuff like this.

I'm having this stupid blogger's block again, and it's totally giving me a lot of stress like it's all there is to live for. It's a big deal that it actually caused me to have bruxism which is a medical term for teeth-grinding. What the fudge! Another source of anxiety I had was when I found out that one of my Facebook friends actually used my four year old blog name as her online shop's site name. What a copy cat! I freaked out and seethed! I didn't want to engage in a petty quarrel, so I confronted her in the NICEST way possible. I told her this:

Hello there namesake! Thanks for showing your appreciation towards my blog name (which is Mystic Nymph), and even using it as your Facebook username. My blog just turned four last December 10. If you want to visit my blog, here's the URL: http://mikimotoangel.blogspot.com/ I also have a Facebook Page that you can find in this link:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mystic-Nymph-Blogspot/159620428950

It may seem like I sounded such a bitch by lifting up my name, but I'm just telling her the truth in a decent way. I dealt with it constructively. I'm pretty sure that I am the original Mystic Nymph. And besides, this name  is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Philippines License. She's lucky I'm not some kind of a whore who would hold out for her and curse her like she's the most evil person in the world. I'm assuming  she still haven't read my personal message, because I still haven't received a reply from her.

I could use a break from that scary bit so, I let myself loose at Abreeza Ayala Mall (despite the rainy day) and had some unforgettable gastronomic trip with my boyfriend. We also bumped into some of my friends. What a small world! It was nice seeing you there Maicie, Regina, Christine and Tessa! Ciovic and I had our scrumptious lunch at Bigby's Cafe and Restaurant. We feasted upon Belly Busters Food Platter. It consists of "The ultimate combo of their famous barbecued babyback ribs, grilled rodeo chops and smoky pork belly, served in one heaping platter with garlic rice, buttered veggies and crispy onion rings." What a blast!

I now present you our photos...


With Maicie and Regina. Photo taken by Christine Bayang.

I love this photo even though it's hazy.

Belly Buster

Close up shot of the pork belly.

Bigby's Cafe and Restaurant
We strolled and window shopped for more than an hour, and ate again. We snacked on McDonald's Large Fries, Apple Pie and hot coffee. We definitely spoiled our tummies today. This day is like Ciovic's pre-birthday celebration. He's turning 23 on Christmas Day.


Mc Cafe's Hot Coffee

Large Fries

Apple Pie
KATRIOVIC


What I wore:

Blouse: Kamiseta
Sweater: Cherokee
Pants: Egoist
Oxfords: Parisian
Bag: Secosana
Cameo Studs: Thrifted
Watch: Ice


Postscript: Please support my boyfriend's band HIGHWAY DRIVE by liking their Facebook Page. They are also the one and only Davao band who made it to the Top 12 Breakthrough Act finalist of Y! Rocks Philippines. They gave pride to our city, I should say. They got to play on the same stage with some of the country's rock music icons like Salamin, Ney Dimaculangan of 6 Cycle Mind and Ebe Dancel of Sugarfree last December 8, 2011 at SM City Davao Parking Lot C. I'll give you the link of their video performance once Y! Rocks releases it. I can't wait to watch it!

To my followers and new visitors, I apologize if I haven't payed your blog a visit lately. I was just too bummed these past few days. I will surely make it up to you as soon as my system gets back to normal again.



15 comments:

Tessa said...

hi kat. love your look kanina ^__^ you look really good. I saw you and ciovic kanina na nakatalikod... and I never thought it was you two! :D bagay bf mo sa new hair niya. hihi.

my my my... i'm sorry to hear about your name mystic nymph. hope you guys would be able to work it out.

lav said...

i love your new header! i was also upset when I heard someone used your blog name. why does she have to copy yours when there are millions of words in the world waiting to be used? tsk. tsk.

Karo said...

You look so wonderful!
I like your outfit so much!
xoxo

The Cat Hag said...

Hehe, the best fix for me is definitely an impromptu trip to the mall, followed by a maccas meal. :)

Hope all is well with you dearie and that you are enjoying the Christmas holidays!


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Andy Santana said...

Passando para conhecer o seu blog,
adorei as fotos e o Mc Donalds,
beijos

zaharatales said...

katrovic! i love the sound of that. it's like catastrophe!

sorry to hear about your little miss gaya-gaya. i hope tori amos doesn't get mad like you do, for using her song for my blog. LOL. i just get flattered when someone tries so hard to replicate me. good to have fans. hehe!

kristina said...

i'm so sorry to hear that your friend stole your name, i must admit that it is a great name, so take it as a compliment right?! oh well, try and not worry about it... on a positive note, you look gorgeous and i love your hair!!! and mmmm on the mc donald's fries, i want some now!!
xx ~ kristina

eye_spy said...

great photos! i love your blog, now a follower :)
xx

follow back? eyespyy.blogspot.com

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

love your shirt! very nice outfit in total. simple, cute and seams cozy enough

Lyosha
inside and Outside Blog

Jessica said...

Beautiful photos. You look amazing.

So sorry to hear about your friend copying your name. I would have been hurt and angry too.

QUEENIE G. said...

I love MCDO and I miss Apple pie, i haven't eaten it for a long time. So I'll definitely try to have it this week.

Oh btw I'm hosting my first giveaway. So check out my blog and feel free to join. HAPPY HOLIDAYS:)

love,
sweetandspicytown.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

cool!!! love these pics!!!



xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.com/

Bad Joan said...

Love your blouse!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

Karen Ussene said...

Hiya, wow that sounds like an annoying situation :/
Cool banner that you have.
Happy Holidays xoxo

Shara said...

mhhh i am so hungry now!!lovely blouse!La Folie 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...