Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

Mama Bet’s Cook Book: Mixed

Image0077
Image0074
Image0076






Baked Penne Pasta
Mom prepared this mouth-watering pasta as the main dish for her 51st birthday. She used San Remo Penne Pasta, Magnolia Processed Cheese (not sure with the name), ground beef, bell pepper and a little bit of Mc Cormick Spicy Italian Pasta Blend. The process is just the same with that of Baked Mac, I guess.


Image0198
Image0191Image0193






Crinkles
With my continuous pestering, Mom finally called the shots at letting our sweet tooth sink in these tasty crinkles during the long weekend. It was her first time to bake cookies so there were still some flaws. I’m pretty sure that with more practice, she’ll be able to perfect this recipe. She used Bensdorf Cocoa Powder for this.


Image0203
Vegeroni Pasta
This is a Carbonara style pasta dish. Mom used San Remo Vegeroni Pasta. I find it so cute because it has three different vegetable pasta shapes and colors. Pardon the photo quality because what I’m talking about isn’t that visible in the picture provided. We had this for our Halloween celebration, by the way.


Image0209
Mango Delight and Red Velvet Cake
I honestly didn’t enjoy the Mango Delight, because I am totally not a fan of fruity cakes and I don’t like mangoes. The one and only mango recipe that I have learned to love is Mango Float, and nothing else. About the Red Velvet Cake, Mom thought that the sourness overpowered the sweetness. Try again next time, Mom!


Image0070
Image0067Image0068








Waldorf Salad
This one’s supposed to have lettuce, but Mom forgot to buy some. Too bad, eh? I could have loved this salad better, if there were greens. As you can see, she made use of walnuts and fruits like apple and grapes. She also added raisins, cheese and of course the most important ingredient – the mayonnaise.


HMG 3Pasta HMG








‘Til next time connoisseurs! I'm stoked to blog about my Mom's next kitchen adventures. Oh, don't forget to leave a word if you'd like to be a guest writer for my newest blog series. Ok? See you then!

Signature

18 comments:

ice2kill said...

oh wow, nakakagutom naman yan kat! Your mom is really good. P.S. Ang cute nman ng waldorf salad, parang blai waldorf lng.hehe

Carla said...

this post just made me hungry!
thanks so much for dropping by my page.

cheers,
carla
misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

Unstoppablepedestrian.blogspot.com said...

happy birth day to your Mom!!! clap! clap!

>> daming food!!! tsalap tsalap.. I so love the crinkles!! hehe simpleng eater lang ako eh!! nyahaha!! gusto ko din yung pasta!! since am a pasta lover as well!!! pati na din ang salad...

>> lahat pala gusto ko!! hehehe

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

Everything seems delicious, especially the cookies!Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

Enter the Shopkempt giveaway on my blog!
Cosa mi metto???

Ante Babaja said...

it looks yummy

Bonnie said...

I am loving the looks of that red velvet cake. Don't tease me like this!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

noone said...

yumm it all looks so delicious!!

Marcela Gmd said...

Wow very rich!!!!
Have a nice weekend!

Besos, desde España, Marcela

aniesbrand said...

Mmmmm i'm hungry when i watch this! ;P

Kristen said...

i love waldorf salad! i'm sure it was great even without lettuce : )
also, those crinkles look really good!

Style With K said...

i like it!!!




kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

kristina@beancakes ★ said...

mmm! all of this delicious food is making my mouth water!! and hey, thanks for the compliments on my numbers! if you want to learn how to do this ~ the first step would be to get photoshop! you may be able to do a trial version as it is quite pricey. also ~ youtube probably has tutorials on how to do masks. it does take some time and practice to master this, but you'll get it!! good luck to you!! ;) ;)
xx ~ kristina
p.s. hope you had a great weekend ;)

Bad Joan said...

they all look delicious! especially the baked penne!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

Nina said...

soooooooooo hungry. :|

Michelle Lee said...

wowlooks amazing :)

http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

what have you done to me! I've almost eaten my laptop! haha!
the food looks super-yam! love it!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside blog

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

I've forgotten to write how nice your blog is! following you now and do it with a great pleasure

Lyosha
Inside and Outside blog

Denise said...

OMG! Crinkles are my absolute favorite dessert! This all makes me so hungry! Makes my mouth water :X

xx à la mode

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...