Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Something Very Short (SVS): Photoscape

I'm in a troubled state of mind for weeks already, and I can't seem to focus. I have a lot of things to accomplish at school - my thesis defense which will be on August 25, my STS "book review" report by first week of September, and the most dreaded papers and exams. What a burden! I sure can't wait for this semester to end. I hope it's already October. And because I want to steer clear from all those unnecessary problems like "what should I say for this particular blog post?", I've thought of coming up with articles that are just short every now and then up until I'm ready to write long and substantial blog posts again. I actually plan of joining Davao Blogger's Blog Caravan, but then I decided not to because of some academic and time constraints. Hopefully, I can write for them next time.

Today's topic on Something Very Short (SVS) is about one of my favorite photo editing software -- the Photoscape. I like it a lot because it's very user friendly. You don't have to read all those manuals and tutorials thoroughly because it's made for convenience. It's best for novice shutterbugs who want to fix and enhance their photos in an easy but pretty way. It won't definitely take much of your time learning the how-to's of this fun application. My favorite Photoscape features are the Page, Combine, Animated GIF, Text + Item, and most especially the Film Effects. So, here's a finished product of a shot I edited using Photoscape. I am sorry I forgot the effects I used to come up with this look. Well, I'm pretty sure you're good at exploring stuffs, you may want to see for yourself how I did it.

Mikee, my youngest sister, owns this doll. Her name is Roxanne.

Postscript: Please bear with my dull and boring blog template in the mean time. It won't be like that for long, I promise. I will be fixing it as soon as possible. And oh by the way, I just found this very helpful write-up by the Etsy Blog Team while I was searching about Photoscape. It's called "How to Create a free Blog Header with PhotoScape." Perfect! Now I have a solution to my itsy-bitsy blog issue. Cheers to Photoscape!

Do you patronize Photoscape as well?

10 comments:

The Cat Hag said...

Can't wait to see your new blog template when you have fixed it up! :)

And Photoscape sounds like a fascinating application.

Good luck for your exam later. ♥


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

ice2kill said...

Yey, I also love photoscape. Im a new fan of this application, Z's sister bhes introduced it to me. And I happened to love it soo much. And I know the application you did with that photo, vintage right?hehe

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

Good luck with your thesis! i'm sure you'll do just great!

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

Michelle's Style File said...

This film effect is really cool!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Glenn Encinares said...

wow I love your new blog theme :)

Jessica said...

I am sure you will do amazing but I am wishing you luck on your exam anyway!

ChiChi81 said...

Wow, it's great to see a fellow blogger from the same city where I live! Cool haha ;)

I haven't tried Photoscape yet, but I would give it a try sometime.

Following you now ;)

Ingat!

Wi
chichismusings.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

photoscape sounds great! I just got a simple photoshop for $10, convenience is key for me! ;)

xoxo

Mikimoto Angel said...

Thank you to my new followers. I hope you enjoy my posts. :-)

Thanks for your comforting words Ms. Neris, Ms. Addie, Ms. Glenn and Ms. Sunny Star. :-)

@Ice: I remember the effect I used now. Thank you. I used Old Photo effect. Haha!

Anonymous said...

AYLAVETHH!!!!!! hahahahah

-CIOVIC-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...