Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

day 30 – your favorite song at this time last year

I didn't have that much of significant happenings in my life this time last year, as usual. It was also summer time a year ago, and I just stayed at home. I didn't have some memorable activities or whatsoever, well, except for my first time to vote for a national automated election. I felt really proud that I exercised my right. I felt like I made a big difference, although I’m not sure if I actually did. So far, I still don’t regret voting for those people I think are worthy to rule and lead the people.

Maybe you’re thinking that my favorite song last year was ABS-CBN’s Boto Mo, Ipatrol Mo theme song called Ako ang Simula in relation to what I just shared. No, it’s not. But I have to admit that also liked it at some point. The song promotes social awareness, and it was played on TV almost all the time for recall. The result – I had LSS, but as I said, it wasn’t the song that got me hooked last summer. Instead, it was Franco’s Song for the Suspect. It’s one of the best Pinoy rock songs I’ve ever heard.

I bet you already know that Franco is a band composed of different musicians from other Philippine rock bands such as Urbandub, Parokya ni Edgar, Queso and Inyo. They’ve joint their forces to give one love jah love to every rock music lover in town. They just performed live at Jickong’s here in Davao last year. Too bad, I wasn’t able to watch them. So now, let’s lend our ears for Franco Reyes (Inyo) on vocals and guitars, Gabby Alipe (Urbandub) and Paolo 8 Toleran (Queso) on guitars, Buwi Meneses (Parokya ni Edgar) on bass and JanJan Mendoza (Urbandub) on drums.


Song for the Suspect – Franco

"One love, jah love

Come and feel the vibe
He's given us the herb
Rising from under the earth
With soul we can unite
So give me and pass me the light
Throw away all your hate come, come with me

Well I see jah coming
So come gather round my children
Well I and I me try
To never let the fire die
So don't break the cipher
Be part of the unbreaking circle my friend
Throw away all your hate come jah with me..."

At long last! I’m finally done with my first blog challenge. I wasn’t able to write them consecutively because of some inevitable circumstances, but still, I managed to finish it somehow. That’s what matters most, right? I give you my heartfelt gratitude for sharing your thoughts on those tracks that I posted. Songs evoke certain memory. Thank you for coming along with me in my musical ride as I relive my memorable moments, and as I learn more about my real choice of tunes. So long, 30 Days of Music! I’ll be off to my next challenge soon.

The video in this post is not intended for copyright in fringement.

2 comments:

scarlet's walk said...

i love this song.. my brothers love franco. i think my fave song from them is this gathering and last waltz.

congrats kat! you may feel relief at this point but i'm telling you, nakakamiss din. hahaha.

Mikimoto Angel said...

I haven't heard last waltz, but i also love this gathering! :-)

Oo nga Ms. Z, parang nasanay na ako magpost ng songs everyday. I'm actually thinking of creating a Music Blog Series. Haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...