Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

day 29 – a song from your childhood


Yey, Blogspot's back to normal! Okay, back to the challenge..

My childhood music life revolved around MTV Channel 29. I used to dislike listening to the radio during those times. As a child, I only wanted to watch TV because anything other than that was boring. My favorite MTV shows were Punk’d, Cribs, Pimp My Ride, One Bad Trip and that violent clay shows. I also love watching those countdowns, requests and of course, the MTV Music Awards. My favorite VJ was Donita Rose because she’s funny and witty. I already forgot about the other VJs. Ah yes, VJ KC and Joey Mead. I didn’t like them that much.

Because of MTV, I got to be very familiar with my childhood favorite artists such as Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, All Saints, S Club Seven, Incubus, All American Rejects, and many more. I wept real hard when MTV got booted out of Philippine free TV in the year 2002. I mourned over its loss that I didn’t want to watch TV after it. After it, there came MYX, but it failed to get my attention because they didn’t play the songs I’ve grown to love. I always thought that MTV was still the best music station in the land. Nothing else comes close to it.

I’ve chosen Crush by Jennifer Page as a song from my childhood. I didn’t like this song before, because the music video wasn’t interesting. I also thought the melody was dull, but when I listened to it again just recently, I changed my mind. We also had a sort of unwritten rule at home that we shouldn’t have a crush at a very young age, so even that word sent chills down my spine. I hope you enjoy my musical blast from the past, folks!

Crush – Jennifer Page

"See you blowin’ me a kiss

It doesn’t take a scientist
To understand whats goin’ on, baby
If you see something in my eye
Let’s not over analyze,
Don’t go too deep with it, baby
So let it be what it’ll be
Don’t make a fuss and go crazy over you and me

Here’s what I’ll do, I’ll play the woos
Not like we have a date with destiny

It’s just a little crush
Not like I faint, every time we touch..."

The video and the photo in this post are not intended for copyright infringement.

EDIT: I just remembered something. VJ Utt was my ultimate crush among the MTV Asia VJs back then. He was so cute.

2 comments:

scarlet's walk said...

i liked this song too. hehehe..

my favorite MTV vj's are Mike Kasem, Jamie Haditya and Nadia Hutagalong. i don't remember if i'm spelling them right. hehehe. the clay series is Celebrity Deathmatch. used to watch that too.

Mikimoto Angel said...

wow, thanks for naming that show. Oh, I just remembered VJ Utt! He was my crush back then. Haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...