Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event

The most remarkable events I've attended happened in high school. I was a very active participant of academic activities way back then. I became a member of our school paper and I eventually rose to being the editor-in-chief. I also took part into science clubs like Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs (PSYSC) where I became the VP for Internal affairs in its Regional Executive Council. Those organizations have a lot of events to offer. I've been a delegate for journalism competitions commonly known as schools press conference, quiz shows and training camps. I just love representing our school!

I badly miss those scholastic days. I miss meeting different kinds of people through those memorable events I've been into. I'd like to talk more about my experiences in all those events, but I think this entry is not the perfect post to talk about it in details. Besides, I'm only tasked to share a song that reminds me of AN event. Those experiences I want to reminisce with you deserve another blog post, what do you think? So without further ado, here's At the Beginning which makes me greatly nostalgic over those youth science camps I've joined in.


At the Beginning - Richard Marx & Donna Lewis

I just want to share a few words about those science camps. At the Beginning used to be out camp song before. I don't know if it still is until now. What's fun and interesting about those camps is the sense of camaraderie and belongingness you acquire from your group mates during the whole course of the adventure. You learn the essence of teamwork and group trust through series of races and activities. I don't know if you feel it too, but I always had that feeling of unique attachment whenever I bump into other campers even after the event.

Well, I sure hope I still get to experience them one more time. Just listening to our camp song again made that longing grow even fonder. Fudge! Have you tried joining camps too?

The video used in this post is not intended for copyright infringement.

4 comments:

scarlet's walk said...

this song was our high school grad song. hehe.

i've never joined any sort of camping my entire life. my parents never allowed me before. di ko lang alam ngayon HAHAHAHA!

Mikimoto Angel said...

Haha. C'mon let's organize a camp! Haha :-)

Dee said...

Awww, I like this song. And like Z, I've never been on any camping. Haha. Sleepovers though, I got to enjoy.

p.s. how come youtube videos play on your blogger blogs but in my wordpress, embedding is disabled. :(

Mikimoto Angel said...

Why, Ms. Dee? I'm not a techie person. So sad, I can't help. Maybe Ms. Z can. Sorry. :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...