Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Must-Watch Films Indeed

After watching a very controversial film in our Asia and the World Class, I think I deserve something to wash my brain from all the overly delicate scenes I've had in that Franco-Japanese film. Thanks a lot to my friend, Jewel, who gave me a copy of the most talked about Indian film in school, 3 Idiots. I never thought the story would capture my heart, because I was actually reluctant to watch it at first. As what I've always said, I'm really not a big fan of movies.

As I searched about this Bollywood movie I found out that it was actually adapted from the novel Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat. I want to read it. What I love about this film is the power of positivity it is promoting. No wonder it became the highest-grossing film in its opening weekend in India. ALL IS WELL! No matter how big a problem is, just think that all is well, and everything's going to be fine. It won't solve the problem, but at least it will help you gain courage to face what's bugging you. This movie will also teach you how valuable passion is. For an instance, in studying. We shouldn't just study to make good grades. We should study to learn. I wish I could be like Rancho who is really passionate about education. This movie will not just impart you some important things in life, it will also make you laugh. This is definitely a stress-reliever! A must-watch movie indeed!

Everybody's Fine is another tear-jerker movie perfect for a weather like this -- cold and misty. I like this film because it makes me realize the things I've done wrong against my parents. Watching this made me feel so guilty that I disregard their feelings most of the time. I don't want to make them feel neglected when the time comes that we have to live a separate life. I like this line told by Frank's (Robert de Niro) son, David: "‎We don't tell you a lot of things, but that doesn't mean we want to hurt you." I totally agree with him! Sometimes we may keep everything in secret, because we just don't want our parents to worry too much. There are some things that must be kept unsaid, so as to avoid further arguments. Prepare your hankies as you watch this movie.

I've been so worn off the past weeks because of the mental stress I got from nonstop academic activities, and these two are the movies that helped me balance my emotions this week. And oh, do watch out for my movie review on the highly-sensitive Japanese film we watched in our Asia and the world class, In the Realm of Senses. You might want to watch it too. But I warn you, it's explicit. I wanna watch some more light and feel-good movies, can you suggest some?

The images in this post are not intended for copyright infringement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been hearing good things about 3 idiots from my sister.. i think i want to watch it..

Mikimoto Angel said...

Let me know what you think about it ms. Z! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...