Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Common Friendster Headshots


It's undenianble that friendster still get everyone by storm. Every teener, I think, still gets hooked by this virtual phenomenon. It connects you to people you've never met , you have met and you will meet! Sounds cool, doesn't it?

Pictures are famous attractions when you log in to this site. If you don't have one then you're a dork, a loser. Well that's what is basically the reason why everybody's still in touch with friendster- to show off their poses and grins to the people around the globe. I have here something about the trend of the pictures used as head shots or primary photo in friendster. This is basedon my observation anyway. Tell me if you agree with me:

+ Pictures with cups showing off where you're hanging out
+ Pictures taken at the mirror
+ Pictures in PhotoFunia
+ Pictures assumingly in a magazine
+ Pictures in top view
+ Pictures showing off the legs (grosse!)
+ Pictures showing off Havaianas slippers (Hahaha..i know someone! hahaha)
+ Pictures that are supposed to be candid shots
+ Pictures where the subject wears sun glasses
+ Pictures of lovers kissing
+ Pictures from the back
+ Pictures showing off what you ate
+ Pictures showing off the cleavage
+ Pictures taken when you smoke or drink
+ Pictures taken in People's Park! (Hahahaha)
+ Pictures from the web cam (hate it!)
+ Pictures of lovers cuddling
+ Pictures with an emo pose
+ Pictures taken when you lie down (As always!)
+ Pictures taken like a model from a mag (like FHM..actually!)
+ Pictures in Sepia or any other effects

All of these are shots taken from cell phone cameras or digital cam. Studio pictures are already out. They are only for the ones who can afford to have their photos taken there. And besides, when you take your own picture, you have the whole lot of effort to do whatever you want to look like in it. Whether wacky, attractive, sensual, lively or a lot more. Let me know if you still want to dd something on my list. Don't hesitate to drop a comment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...