Welcome Readers!

Welcome to the Mystic Blog of the only Mystic Nymph! I hope you have a blast reading my thoughts, and I hope you drop by again!

Marquee

I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.

For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Yesterday


I had a conversation with the Koreans who came for a cultural show yesterday. they were so friendly. I could attest to that. They notice every single detail that they noticed from you. I think that shows their interest in knowing one person.

I enjoyed talking to them. I was glad that Jovi appreciated my art work when he browsed my sketch pad. They even took a picture of it. That pinkie promise also reminded me of something. That promises are really important for them.

I also tried their Kimchi. It's their national food I guess. Koreans are famous for that. It's so spicy. I think Kimchi is just served as a side dish made to enhance the flavor of our meals. It was made of onions. But Recipe Zaar stated its ingredients and how it's done:

Ingredients

* 1 lb sized head Chinese cabbage
* 2 tablespoons sea salt
* 4 cups cold water
* 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
* 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
* 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1 tablespoon sea salt

Directions

1
Separate and wash the cabbage leaves.

2
Sprinkle them with the 2 tbsp of salt.

3
Place them in a non corrosive dish (Pyrex) and pour in the 4 cups cold water, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge over night.

4
The water should cover the leaves if not place a heavy object on them to keep them submerged.

5
After sitting overnight pour off the water and rinse the leaves well, shake out excess moisture. ( I used my lettuce dryer to remove the extra moisture).

6
Mix the garlic, ginger, green onion,chili flakes,sugar & 1 tbsp salt, stir together.

7
Pour 11/2 cups of very hot water over the mixed seasoning.

8
Place cabbage leaves in a large zip lock bag or in a bowl, pour in the seasoning, mix well so the seasoning is on every leaf.

9
Place in the fridge for two days. Flip the bag every time you open the fridge door.

10
To serve cut the leaves into 2" strips and serve as a side condiment.

11
To store pack the cabbage into a jar and store in the fridge it will keep for several days to a week or more.

I hope I could meet them again somewhere. I would love to know their culture more. Knowing different cultures is really one of a kind. I just love talking to people from different races. I love it when I introduce my culture to others and vice versa.

After the conversation we had, i realized how I love my course. Communication arts is really my passion. I will never trade my course for anything better than it, for I think it's the best ever.

The image in this post is not intended for copyright infringement.

3 comments:

mikoy said...

char te oie!
untya, lami ang korean food te?

the feature and the past said...

hi... I Bard from Malaysia. hehe. nice blog ye..
You have emial? can You give me your email?

QUEENIE G. said...

I really love kimchi, whenever I’m eating in home; I always have this for my side dish. I'll definitely try to make some home-made kimchi, it seems so easy to prepare.

I also agree with you, that Koreans are very friendly. I got a lot of Korean classmate way back in my college days, they really easy to approach or talked to even though there's some language barrier but you can really see that they are trying their best to communicate with you.

love
sweetandspicytown.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...