|This imge is not intended for copyright infringement.|
I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
I'm in a GOTH mood
I am so fascinated with the gothic air I'm breathing in today. It's like black sets my spirits high at the moment. I'm gonna try wearing that fashion soon. But I think it's going to be nice with a camera in hand. That is to capture the moments of your goth mood, right?
i have researched some dose of information about goths and i found out it is not just a mere fashion. It is actually religion. Goths believed that they just see beauty and it's coming destruction at the same time. creepy isn't it? But of course, it's not that I'm biased. It's just that I don't think like them. I just don't see myself believing them.
They also quoted that goth is the ability to find art where art seems to be lacking. That profound passage is really striking. Goths just shows how they appreciate something where everyone seems to dislike it.
R.G.Green also said that when Goth dies, God laughs. I found this quote very funny! Could that be true?
A few reporters have also associated Goth with Satanism, violence, white supremacy and intolerance. The implication was that the Goth culture had been the cause of the alleged perpetrators' obsession with revenge, and thus is at least partly responsible for the homicides.
Some factors that are commonly observed are:
* Its unique music, art and literature.
* The use of extreme black clothing, light colored makeup, unusual hair styles, body piercing, bondage items, etc.
* A fascination with medieval, Victorian and Edwardian history.
* Wearing of symbols such as a Christian cross; an Egyptian ankh or "Eye of Ra," or "Eye of Horus;" a Wiccan pentacle, a Satanic inverted pentacle. etc.
* Goths tend to be non-violent, pacifistic, passive, and tolerant. Many in the media have mistakenly associated Goth with extreme violence and hatred of minorities, white supremacy, etc.
* Many Goths write about being depressed. Followers seem sullen and withdrawn, when in public. They are often much more "happy and carefree in the company of [other] Goths." Examples of depression are:
"Tigriss," commenting on her own life, writes: "So my gothic persona fit me quite well. My black clothing and dark music aptly reflected my own depression, pain, and anger which was what I made most of my life about. Most of my goth friends had dysfunctional families and troubled childhoods as mine. We could identify with each other through our dark make-up and painful pasts."