I'll let you in a little revelation about my favorite usernames in my virtual sites. First is about my Mikimoto Angel pen name. Mikimoto is a famous brand of pearl accessories in America. I first saw that brand in Vogue Magazine. I got mesmerized by that label, and I thought of using it. I just added Angel from my name "Angela". Thus, the formation of Mikimoto Angel.For my other pen name Mystic Nymph, the word mystic really came from the show Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I used to be so hooked to that show. I am also obsessed with mythologies, and nymphs are mythical creatures depicted as beautiful young women who are considered as guardians of objects and places in nature. Thus, the evolution of Mystic Nymph.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Saturday, May 28, 2011
HOW DO YOU DEFINE YOUR STYLE?
It's casual, with a tinge of formality. Comfort with style is my fashion mantra. I love combining two colors like gold and black, pink and black/gray, red and black, brown and black or pink and brown. I also love accessorizing!
WHAT IS YOUR DAILY UNIFORM?
I usually wear jeans/leggings, chic top, trinkets to match, and a pair of flats. I love wearing chiffon and other sheer tops. One more thing, I can't leave the house without a bag. It's definitely a necessity for me.
WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER TO BE YOUR PERSONAL TRADEMARK?
I think I'm known for my smart casual attires. I often defy the norm by wearing formal outfit when everyone is just simple, but of course that only happens in ordinary days. I follow rules or dress codes on special occasions.
YOU WOULD NEVER BE CAUGHT WEARING...
A spaghetti/tank/tube top paired with shorty shorts and skirts. I can wear it as a beach wear, but not as a normal daily get up. That outfit reminds me of noontime sexy dancers. No offense about that , but that look is not very flattering. It's just too revealing. Looking like a bombshell is way different from looking like a stripper.
WHICH LABELS ARE HANGING IN YOUR CLOSET?
ASOS, Bayo, Club Monaco, Dorothy Perkins, F&F, H&M, Kamiseta, La Senza, New Look, Massimo Dutti, Plains & Prints, Secret Possessions, Zara, some local fashion brands and ukay-ukay (vintage) stuffs.
ARE YOU A SHOE OR A BAG FIEND?
It's hard to choose between these two irresistible fashion must-haves, but I guess after some deliberation with myself, I'm quite sure that I'm more of a bag than a shoe fiend. I have better number of bags than shoes.
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCTS?
Avon, The Body Shop, Sunkissed for Active Cosmetics, MAC, Johnson's & Johnson's, L'Oreal Paris, Revlon Colorstay Lipcolor, Nivea Lip Gloss. Honestly, I can leave the house without make up on. I don't even have any facial rituals other than face powder and lipcolor. I'm good to go just with those two.
ONE THING THAT YOU WISH YOU NEVER WORE IN PUBLIC?
I wish I didn't wear high heels before. Everytime I wear one, something bad happens. It's quite embarassing! I'm just not used to that kind of foot wear. It looks sexy on others, but totally not on me. I can only wear it on photo shoots, cause I don't have to walk around a lot.
IF THERE WERE ONE LAST FASHION ITEM THAT YOU WANT TO ADD TO YOUR WARDROBE, IT WOULD BE...
...A genuine crocodile skin Birkin bag by Hermes. I know I couldn't afford it at all. I bet, my life is not even enough to pay for it. But, the statement says "want" not "buy". There's nothing wrong about dreaming, right?
WHICH FASHION ICON'S LIFE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAD FOR A YEAR, GIVEN A CHANCE?
Maybe it would be with Katie Holmes and Nicole Kidman internationally; and with Anne Curtis locally. They have superb style and enticing wardrobes. One last choice would be with Kimora Lee Simmons. I wanna try having her clothing empire!
For today's Sonic Boom, I'll be sharing you what I'm listening to as of the moment. But before that, let me say something I've learned about Arctic Monkeys. I first heard about this band from my ever favorite radio station NU107. According to Wikipedia, AM is an English indie psychedelic/garage rock band from UK formed in 2002. I really like their lead vocalist's (Alex Turner) voice quality, although he pretty much sounds like the front man of The Fratellis.
This band's music is just so perfect for road trips. The discography I downloaded includes the following albums:
- Brianstorm - EP
- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - EP
- Teddy Picker - EP
- Who The Fuck Are The Arctic Monkeys - EP
- WhenThe Sun Goes Down - EP
- Leave Before The Lights Come On - EP
- Fluorescent Adolescent - EP
And now, here's Baby I'm Yours from Arctic Monkeys. It's officially my new favorite love song. I love the romantic lyrics and melody. It also suits for a song I want to play for my wedding. I dedicate this to my boyfriend. Enjoy the song, folks!
Baby I'm Yours - Arctic Monkeys
"Baby, I'm yours (baby, I'm yours)
And I'll be yours (yours) until the stars fall from the sky,
Yours (yours) until the rivers all run dry
In other words, until I die
Baby, I'm yours (baby, I'm yours)
And I'll be yours (yours) until the sun no longer shines,
Yours (yours) until the poets run out of rhyme
In other words, until the end of time
I'm gonna stay right here by your side,
Do my best to keep you satisfied
Nothin' in the world can drive me away
'Cause every day, you'll hear me say..."
The video used in this post is not intended for copyright infringement.
Friday, May 27, 2011
"Cats can become ill for a variety of reasons, and many illnesses and diseases may result in similar behavior changes or other signs of illness in your cat. Paying close attention to the symptoms of a sick cat can help you to more quickly identify illness in your cat and diagnose and treat the problem before it can become more serious."
How to Take Care of a Sick Cat
- Give her enough sleep. Our fault is that we don't let her sleep as much as she want. We always cuddle her even though it's quite obvious that she's exhausted, or she's not in the mood to play.
- Keep the surroundings clean. We haven't done general cleaning lately because of laziness. Caramel's condition is an eye-opener for us. Time to make our house squeaky clean.
- Disturbance should be kept out of the way. My sisters and I can be considered a big disturbance to Caramel. From now on, we will let her rest without our intervention -- only our Tender Loving Care.
- Designate a sick area. Caramel's sleeping there as of the moment. It's outside our house. My father won't let her live here inside with us, cause he hates cats. But we made sure that she's safe there.
- Feed regular foods. We feed our cats with Paksiw na Isda, because it's their favorite meal. Caramel actually eats all kinds of food, it's just that she seems to lose her appetite lately. She's to languid to eat.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
- You need to make me feel that you are worth fighting for. I'm a loyal friend or girlfriend, so if the scenario calls for me to defend you I'd definitely fight for you. It may sound really corny, but I would do everything just to make my friends feel that they are special to me. In return, I want you to be true. I don't want to be with a hypocrite person. If you don't like me, just say it outright. Don't make me give my full heart to you when you know deep down that you don't deserve it. Don't be a fool.
- You have to accept me, especially my flaws. As you know me better, you may find certain things that are very unattractive and repelling. I hope those won't matter to you the most. I want someone who highlights the interesting spots of my personality more than the dull ones. I don't want a friend or a partner who feels awkward being with me. I've had my share of bad experiences with people who got ashamed of me. Those were traumatizing, I hope it won't happen to me again.
- You need to prepare yourself in telling everything about you. I don't mind it if you spill your heart to me. I want to know my friends even more, and that can only be done through no-holds-barred chitchats. It's difficult to befriend someone who doesn't trust me. I tell you, I'm a good listener. It's fine with me if you monopolize the conversation, and I only have to butt in just as long as you show me that you have faith in me. I always love heartfelt conversations. I hope you do too.
- You have to be inane at times. Who would want to be with someone who's always serious, right? Humor is always a good bait. It's lovely and it also makes a relationship lively. Whoa, that rhymes. LOL! I love to laugh even at the corniest antics. If you want to be my friend, you should learn how to make life less formal by doing and talking about nonsense stuffs sometimes. I hope you don't mind spending half of your life laughing with me. This is one of the reasons why I love you, Ciovic. Mushy!
- Lastly, I want a friend who has a common ground with me. I hate arguments, that's why I try to avoid them as much as possible. I don't get along well with someone who is a complete opposite of me. I don't like debates, because my blood easily boils. I get mad that instant, I don't know why. Wouldn't it be nice if the person you are with shares the same passion and sentiments with you? But of course that doesn't mean, I already dislike you if we have different opinions. That happens once in a while. I understand.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
When You believe..."
Monday, May 16, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
I didn't have that much of significant happenings in my life this time last year, as usual. It was also summer time a year ago, and I just stayed at home. I didn't have some memorable activities or whatsoever, well, except for my first time to vote for a national automated election. I felt really proud that I exercised my right. I felt like I made a big difference, although I’m not sure if I actually did. So far, I still don’t regret voting for those people I think are worthy to rule and lead the people.
Maybe you’re thinking that my favorite song last year was ABS-CBN’s Boto Mo, Ipatrol Mo theme song called Ako ang Simula in relation to what I just shared. No, it’s not. But I have to admit that also liked it at some point. The song promotes social awareness, and it was played on TV almost all the time for recall. The result – I had LSS, but as I said, it wasn’t the song that got me hooked last summer. Instead, it was Franco’s Song for the Suspect. It’s one of the best Pinoy rock songs I’ve ever heard.
I bet you already know that Franco is a band composed of different musicians from other Philippine rock bands such as Urbandub, Parokya ni Edgar, Queso and Inyo. They’ve joint their forces to give one love jah love to every rock music lover in town. They just performed live at Jickong’s here in Davao last year. Too bad, I wasn’t able to watch them. So now, let’s lend our ears for Franco Reyes (Inyo) on vocals and guitars, Gabby Alipe (Urbandub) and Paolo 8 Toleran (Queso) on guitars, Buwi Meneses (Parokya ni Edgar) on bass and JanJan Mendoza (Urbandub) on drums.
Song for the Suspect – Franco
"One love, jah love
At long last! I’m finally done with my first blog challenge. I wasn’t able to write them consecutively because of some inevitable circumstances, but still, I managed to finish it somehow. That’s what matters most, right? I give you my heartfelt gratitude for sharing your thoughts on those tracks that I posted. Songs evoke certain memory. Thank you for coming along with me in my musical ride as I relive my memorable moments, and as I learn more about my real choice of tunes. So long, 30 Days of Music! I’ll be off to my next challenge soon.
The video in this post is not intended for copyright in fringement.
976University of the Philippines Diliman * 1
1686De la Salle University Manila 2
2282University of the Philippines Los Baños 3
2339Ateneo de Manila University 4
3552Xavier University Ateneo de Cagayan 5
3801University of Santo Tomas 6
4056University of the Philippines 7
4107University of the Philippines Manila 8
4112University of the Philippines Mindanao 9
4726Mindanao State University Iligan Institute of Tech
Yey, Blogspot's back to normal! Okay, back to the challenge..
My childhood music life revolved around MTV Channel 29. I used to dislike listening to the radio during those times. As a child, I only wanted to watch TV because anything other than that was boring. My favorite MTV shows were Punk’d, Cribs, Pimp My Ride, One Bad Trip and that violent clay shows. I also love watching those countdowns, requests and of course, the MTV Music Awards. My favorite VJ was Donita Rose because she’s funny and witty. I already forgot about the other VJs. Ah yes, VJ KC and Joey Mead. I didn’t like them that much.
Because of MTV, I got to be very familiar with my childhood favorite artists such as Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, All Saints, S Club Seven, Incubus, All American Rejects, and many more. I wept real hard when MTV got booted out of Philippine free TV in the year 2002. I mourned over its loss that I didn’t want to watch TV after it. After it, there came MYX, but it failed to get my attention because they didn’t play the songs I’ve grown to love. I always thought that MTV was still the best music station in the land. Nothing else comes close to it.
I’ve chosen Crush by Jennifer Page as a song from my childhood. I didn’t like this song before, because the music video wasn’t interesting. I also thought the melody was dull, but when I listened to it again just recently, I changed my mind. We also had a sort of unwritten rule at home that we shouldn’t have a crush at a very young age, so even that word sent chills down my spine. I hope you enjoy my musical blast from the past, folks!
Crush – Jennifer Page
"See you blowin’ me a kiss
The video and the photo in this post are not intended for copyright infringement.
EDIT: I just remembered something. VJ Utt was my ultimate crush among the MTV Asia VJs back then. He was so cute.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Fudge, this is difficult! I’ve been thinking of what to post for this task or days already, but still, nothing comes out of my head. I can’t think of a song that makes me feel guilty. I don’t know if I really have none, or I’m just in denial. I actually have one, but I don’t think it’s proper for me to broadcast the reason behind the guilt it makes me feel. There are just some things that are better left unsaid. I hope you understand.
Now let me just get that out of the way. I don’t want to force myself into doing something that gives me mental meandering and wasted time. I have too much things inside my head, and I don’t know how to compose myself anymore. I feel like drowning in my own thoughts. Guess what, I’m over thinking! On that note, let me pull myself out of those guilt and bewilderment by sharing this song that I'm listening now.
Can’t Take My Eyes off You – Muse
"Pardon the way that I stare.
There's nothing else to compare.
The sight of you makes me weak.
There are no words left to speak,
But if you feel like I feel,
Please let me know that it's real.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm the lonely nights.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh pretty baby,
Now that I found you, stay
And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you..."
The video in this post is not intended for copyright infringement.
Monday, May 9, 2011
I’m a huge music buff, but I don’t know how to play any instrument at all. That pushed me to skip day 26. I can only play the DoReMi song for honesty’s sake which is quite embarrassing to confess. Why would I write about it if I still suck at it, right? Darn! So instead of mooning over my lack of musical prowess, let me just jump to the 27th task and talk about the song that I wish I could play.
I’ve always wanted to play the piano ever since I was a kid. I used to get mesmerized every time I see a real piano. I guess all of us have felt that way before. It was like being in my fantasy land the first time I saw a piano being displayed at my aunt’s house. I only got to see one in fairy tales, and the moment I saw it as big as life I couldn’t help but touch it and make it sound.
I’m impressed with people who can play even basic piano pieces. You see, I don’t have the right to question their ability because I can’t ever be like them no matter how hard I try. I can never learn how to play it because I already have other priorities, and my hands are not that flexible anymore. How I wish I’m the copycat girl from Heroes so I can absorb others’ capacities just by looking at them.
Despite my rock music preference and that disappointment I just spilled, I still arm myself with classical piano pieces every once in a while. That is to forgo academic and social pressures bugging me. Those tunes relax my nerves and lighten my mind. I actually plan of downloading some albums from Beethoven, Mozart and other classical artists. I can’t wait to pamper my soul with such decent music.
Anyway, here’s one of the piano pieces I really wish I could play, but I couldn’t. My sister who used to be a big Twilight fanatic told me this song was Edward Cullen’s favorite. I didn’t know that, huh. Thanks for that trivia sissy!
Clair de Lune - Debussy